Thank you for visiting Thirty Eighth Street! Thirty Eighth Street is a blog dedicated to furniture story telling. Filled with tutorials, tips and lots of furniture before and afters, Thirty Eighth Street was created to encourage and inspire YOU, our readers! We hope that after each visit you'll be able to see the full potential in unloved and outdated furniture and that we hope that we're successful in helping you generate ideas for your very own furniture!
Tour Around Thirty Eighth Street
Here are a few easy tips to help you navigate and make the most of your time here!
Discover our furniture makeovers easily by clicking on the "Project Alley" link in our drop down menu. There you'll find all sorts of fun furniture projects categorized by furniture type.
OR dive right into our Tutorial Shop where you'll find different projects that demonstrate a variety of painting techniques and DIY furniture tutorials!
Would you like to see a particular painted furniture project refinished in a specific product line? Simply click on our "Furniture Makeovers By Paint Line" in the menu bar. Navigating furniture projects by color will also be available in the near future! In the meantime, grab your favorite drink and come see our Top 10 Favorite Furniture Makeovers to date!
Can't find what you're looking for? Try our "Search" box on the right hand side bar or feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Few More Tidbits About Us!
It's my favorite time! The spot where we get informal real fast!... ;)
1. Thirty Eighth Street is a partnership. My sweet husband does the hard stuff. I do the fun furniture stuff + dinner + laundry + cleaning + ...
2. I first discovered a love for a paint at the age of seventeen. My parents left me in charge of my siblings while they went away for the weekend. Most teenagers may have thrown a party? I gave my parent's bathroom cabinets a makeover..
3. I don't enjoy shopping for clothes. I painstakingly grab things off the rack, bring them home, try them on and then when I have time, cart the losers back to the store to be returned. I don't switch my purses out by season and flip flops are a standard staple. If you catch me out of my comfy painting attire well, it's a good day. Of course there's always an exception to the rule... I'm always up for furniture shopping.
4. I have a horrible memory. A perk? I can watch a movie over and over again each time like it's the first. I love lists. I often write simple things that I can get done quickly just so I can cross them off... it makes me feel so accomplished. ;)
5. Bring on the Beef Stroganoff, Smores & P.F. Chang's Lettuce Wraps. But not altogether. I don't do perfume, fake eye lashes or lipstick. But, I do love pedi's. My favorite part of the day is the end... when I get to snuggle with my two boys and we read stories together in all sorts of fun animated voices.
We appreciate you stopping by and invite you to stay connected to Thirty Eighth Street via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and sign up to receive our newsletter to get the latest furniture makeovers, tutorials, tips & tricks!
Carrie || Thirty Eighth Street
Carrie is the author and owner of Thirty Eighth Street. Carrie's work has been featured at HGTV, Redbook, The Huffington Post, HomeTalk, Annie Sloan, General Finishes and several popular DIY blogs. Carrie has been a judge for The Fab Furniture Flippin' Contest and is a regular contributor for Country Chic Paint.